FLUID FILM Liquid A
FLUID FILM Liquid A is a transparent, solvent-free and oily corrosion protection coating with a high lanolin content.
It corresponds to the United States Military Specification – MIL-C-16173
FLUID FILM Liquid A was originally used for flooding ballast water tanks in need of repair on ships, floating docks, offshore units, etc., in which a compromise between effort and protection had to be found.
Thanks to the good experience in shipping, FLUID FILM Liquid A is also used for temporary corrosion protection during the storage and transport of goods. Its strong creeping properties and easy processing also predestine it as a corrosion inhibitor for cavities in motor vehicles or for refreshing old underbody coatings.
In contrast to conventional products, FLUID FILM Liquid A is environmental friendlier and economical to use due to its solvent-free composition.
The basic substance lanolin is non-volatile like oil or kerosene and is not resinous. On the other hand, the effect of solvents usually wears off after 12-15 seconds, that of oil or kerosene ends after a few days, whereby these conventional agents then completely lose the protective effect.
In conventional processing using sprayers, brushes or rollers for corrosion protection measures, FLUID FILM Liquid A can be used on dry or damp, bare or rusty surfaces that need to be protected against salt water and any weather conditions.
- solvent-free and physiologically harmless during application and as a protective film
- requires minimal surface treatment
- penetrates rust, displaces water and forms an extremely resistant corrosion protection
- good adhesion to damp or dry surfaces
- no evaporation, resinification or drying out of the protective film
- is not washed off by rain or sea water, but can
- be easily removed if necessary
- can be applied by flooding or any other conventional processing method
- Fast operational readiness of the tank after application
- 1 litre plastic bottle
- 1 litre cartridge
- 5 litre plastic canister
- 20 litre pail
- 208 litre drum
DATA SHEETS (PDF)
For a full screen view, click on the diagonal cross.
To download the PDF, click on the 3 dots on the left and then go to “Download”.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.